Retirement can be a dramatic change for you. Proper planning now will let you devote your retirement energies to the things you really enjoy doing. Let's review the key elements of a successful retirement strategy.
Retirement Review Time
- Determine when you can retire and what your retirement lifestyle will be.
- Make sure you have your insurance needs covered.
- Understand your Social Security benefits.
- Develop an investment strategy. As you get older you'll need to get more conservative, but remember you want your portfolio to keep pace with inflation.
- Monitor your investments. Remember to consider gradually shifting money in and out of investments within your portfolio.
- As you approach retirement, think about the distribution options that will suit your needs and wants.
- Understand the tax laws when planning the sale of your home.
- Estate planning is a critical part of your overall planning.