Protection Tips for Mobile Devices
Keep your mobile device from becoming a window into your private data if it is ever lost, stolen, or accessed by someone without authorization with these safety tips.
- Lock your smartphone with a strong password.
- Protect your number. Only give out your mobile number to people you know and trust.
- Watch out for fraudulent messages. Just like when using email, avoid giving out personal information via text message or over the phone. Urgent requests to give out personal details such as account numbers or Social Security numbers via your mobile device are often scams.
- Consider protecting your device with security software that allows you to lock and wipe (delete) all the data from your phone remotely if it is ever lost or stolen.
- Disable automatic connections. Some phones connect to WiFi and/or Bluetooth automatically, which may enable them to connect to an unsecure network and transmit data without your knowledge.
- Log out. Especially if you shop, bank, access social media, or use other apps that access personal information on your phone, be sure to log out when you are done. It is all too easy for someone to pick up your mobile device and access your accounts if you remain logged on.
- Avoid conducting financial or private business on your phone, such as banking or accessing work data, when it is connected to a public WiFi hotspot.
Investment and insurance products and services are offered through INFINEX INVESTMENTS, INC., Member FINRA
. Wauchula State Financial Services is a trade name of the bank. Infinex is not affiliated with either entity. Products and services made available through Infinex are not insured by the FDIC or any other agency of the United States and are not deposits of or obligations of nor guaranteed or insured by any bank or bank affiliate. These products are subject to investment risk, including the possible loss of value.